Nourishing the body, mind and spirit
- Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers make up the heart of the Over-The-Rhine Kitchen, the Walnut Hills Kitchen and the Walnut Hills Pantry. Each year we are blessed with over 14,000 volunteer hours.
Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and servingof the meal, setting up the dining roomand cleaning and setting up the kitchen and dining room for the next day
- Food pickup and delivery on Tuesday and Thursday (van is available)
- Weekly participation to maintain food/supply storage rooms.
- Weekly participation in the pantry to restock shelves; Tuesday and Thursday.
- Weekly participation in the pantry to bag groceries; Tuesday and Thursday.
- Handyman/Building Maintenance: - electrical
To volunteer during the week, please call 513-961-1983 Ext. 2.
Volunteer participation begins at 9:00 a.m. preparing the meal and setting up the dining room, etc.; meals are served from 12:00 noon till 1:00 p.m. From 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. the kitchen and dining room are cleaned and set up for the next day. Volunteers are welcomed to serve in any capacity or time period available.
We welcome groups to volunteer at any of our three locations. Please contact our volunteer coordinator to discuss what opportunities are available."Ultimately, it is through serving others that we become fully human."
- Marsha Sinetar